Dr Michael J. Wilde
I completed my PhD in 2016 (PhD abstract) and I now work at the Department of Chemistry, University of Leicester, U.K.
- Wilde, M.J. and Rowland, S.J. Naphthenic acids in oil sands process waters: Identification by conversion of the acids or esters to hydrocarbons. Organic Geochemistry (In press).
- Wilde, M. and Rowland, S.J. (2015) Structural identification of petroleum acids by conversion to hydrocarbons and multidimensional gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. Analytical Chemistry 87, 8457-8465. [doi: 10.1021/acs.analchem.5b01865].
- Wilde M.J., West C.E., Scarlett A.G., Jones D., Frank R.A., Hewitt L.M. and Rowland S.J. (2015) Bicyclic naphthenic acids in oil sands process water: Identification by comprehensive multidimensional gas chromatography–mass spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography A 1378, 74-87. [doi: 10.1016/j.chroma.2014.12.008].
- Coomber, R., Pavlidis, A., Hanley Santos, G., Wilde, M., Schmidt, W., Redshaw, C. (2014) The supply of steroids and other performance and image enhancing drugs (PIEDs) in one English city: Fakes, counterfeits, supplier trust, common beliefs and access. Performance Enhancement & Health 3, 135-144. [doi: 10.1016/j.peh.2015.10.004].
- Rowland, S.J., Pereira, A.S., Martin, J.W., Scarlett, A.G., West, C.E., Lengger, S.K., Wilde, M.J., Pureveen, J., Tegelaar, E.W., Frank, R.A. and Hewitt, L.M. (2014) Mass spectral characterisation of a polar, esterified fraction of an organic extract of an oil sands process water. Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 28, 2352-2362. [doi: 10.1002/rcm.7024].
- West, C.E., Pureveen, J., Scarlett, A.G., Lengger, S.K., Wilde, M.J., Korndorffer, F., Tegelaar, E.W. and Rowland, S.J. (2014) Can two-dimensional gas chromatography/mass spectrometric identification of bicyclic aromatic acids in petroleum fractions help to reveal further details of aromatic hydrocarbon biotransformation pathways? Rapid Communications in Mass Spectrometry 28, 1023-1032. [doi: 10.1002/rcm.6876].
- Sutton, P.A., Wilde, M.J., Martin, S.J., Cvacka, J. and Rowland, S.J. (2013) Studies of long chain lipids in insects by high temperature gas chromatography and high temperature gas chromatography-mass spectrometry. Journal of Chromatography A. 1297, 236-240. [doi: 10.1016/j.chroma.2013.05.006].
- 40th International Symposium on Capillary Chromatography and 13th GC×GC Symposium, Riva del Garda, Italy, 29 May-3 June 2016. Poster Presentation (colleague): "Application of Multi-Dimensional Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry Techniques to Explain the Increased Sensitivity of Atlantic Haddock Embryos to Crude Oil Pollution".
- 7th Annual Biogeochemistry Centre Conference, Plymouth University Marine Station, Plymouth, U.K., 16 December 2015. Oral presentation: "Identification Petroleum Acids by GC×GC-MS: A New Method Based on an Old Approach".
- Environmental & Food Analysis SIG Meeting (EFASIG2015), Southampton, U.K., 28 October 2015. Oral presentation: "Identification of Petroleum Acids by GC×GC-MS: A New Method Based on an Old Approach" (awarded the prize for the best presentation at the Meeting).
- 6th Multidimensional Chromatography Workshop, Ministry of Environment and Climate Change, Toronto, Canada, 6-7 January 2015. Attended and invited to use MOECC facilities analysing samples, 6-9 January 2015.
- 6th Annual Biogeochemistry Centre Conference, National Marine Aquarium, Plymouth, U.K., 17 December 2014. Oral presentation: "Identification of Bicyclic Acids in Oil Sands Process Water Using Comprehensive Multidimensional Gas Chromatography with Mass Spectrometry".
- SETAC North America 35th Annual Meeting, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 9-13 November 2014.
- Gordon Research Conference, Organic Geochemistry, Holderness School, Holderness, NH, U.S.A., 3-8 August 2014. Poster presentation: "Structural Elucidation of Petroleum Acids as their Hydrocarbon Equivalents: A New Method Based on a Historial Approach". Subsequently this presentation was selected as one of the three invited 'poster presentation' oral presentations.
- 25th Annual Meeting of the British Organic Geochemical Society, Liverpool John Moores, Univesity, Liverpool, U.K., 10-11 July 2014. Oral presentation: "Structural Elucidation of Petroleum Acids as their Hydrocarbon Equivalents: A New Method Based on a Historial Approach".
- 5th Annual Biogeochemistry Centre Conference, University of Plymouth, Plymouth, U.K., 12 December 2013. Oral presentation: "Structural Elucidation of Carboxylic Acids in Complex Petroleum Mixtures after Conversion to their Corresponding Hydrocarbons".
- 24th Annual Meeting of the British Organic Geochemical Society, Plymouth University, Plymouth, U.K., 10-11 July 2013. Oral presentation: "Structural Elucidation of Bicyclic Carboxylic Acids in Complex Mixtures".
- 4th Annual Biogeochemistry Centre Conference, University of Plymouth, Plymouth, U.K., 17 December 2012. Oral presentation: "Structural Elucidation of Carboxylic Acids in Supercomplex Petroleum Mixtures for the Determination of Oil Quality and Toxicity".