Dr Lindsay L. Vare
I have completed my post-doctoral research in PEGG and and I now work in the The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS), Oban, Scotland.
- Axford, Y., Andresen, C.S., Andrews, J.T., Belt, S.T., Geirsdóttir, Á., Massé, G., Miller, G.H., Ólafsdóttir, S. and Vare, L.L. (2011) Do paleoclimate proxies agree? A test comparing 19 late Holocene climate and sea-ice reconstructions from Icelandic marine and lake sediments. Journal of Quaternary Science 26, 645-656. [doi: 10.1002/jqs.1487].
- Belt, S.T., Vare, L.L., Massé, G., Manners, H.R., Price, J.C., MacLachlan, S.E., Andrews, J.T. and Schmidt, S. (2010) Striking similarities in temporal changes to seasonal sea ice conditions across the central Canadian Arctic Archipelago over the last 7,000 years. Quaternary Science Reviews 29, 3489-3504. [doi: 10.1016/j.quascirev.2010.06.041].
- Gregory, T.R., Smart, C.W., Hart, M.B., Massé, G., Vare, L.L. and Belt S.T. (2010) Holocene palaeoceanographic changes in Barrow Strait, Canadian Arctic: foraminiferal evidence. Journal of Quaternary Science 25, 903-910. [doi: 10.1002/jqs.1367].
- Vare, L.L., Massé, G. and Belt, S.T. (2010) A biomarker-based reconstruction of sea ice conditions for the Barents Sea in recent centuries. The Holocene 20, 637-643. [doi: 10.1177/0959683609355179].
- Andrews, J.T., Belt, S.T., Olafsdottir, S., Massé, G. and Vare, L.L. (2009) Sea ice and marine climate variability for NW Iceland/Denmark Strait over the last 2000 cal. yr BP. The Holocene 19, 775-784. [doi: 10.1177/0959683609105302].
- Vare, L.L., Massé, G., Gregory, T.R., Smart, C.W. and Belt, S.T. (2009) Sea ice variations in the central Canadian Arctic Archipelago during the Holocene. Quaternary Science Reviews 28, 1354-1366. [doi: 10.1016/j.quascirev.2009.01.013].
- Belt, S.T., Massé, G., Vare, L.L., Rowland, S.J., Poulin, M., Sicre, M.-A., Sampei, M. and Fortier, L. (2008) Distinctive 13C isotopic signature distinguishes a novel sea ice biomarker in Arctic sediments and sediment traps. Marine Chemistry 112, 158-167. [doi: 10.1016/j.marchem.2008.09.002].
- Vare, L.L., Shimmield, T.M., Black, K.D. and Shimmield, G.B. (2006) Anthropogenic input of heavy metals to the Kongsfjorden area, Svalbard. Abstract EGU06-A-06079, EGU General Assembly, Vienna, April 2006.
- Vare, L.L. (2006) Who is polluting the Arctic? NERC’s Planet Earth.
- 20th Annual Meeting of the British Organic Geochemical Society, Bristol, U.K., 7-8 July 2009. Oral presentation (colleague): "IP25: The Specific Sea Ice Indicator".
- American Geophysical Union Fall Meeting 2008, San Francisco, U.S.A., 15-19 December 2008. Oral presentation (colleague): "High Resolution Reconstructions of Arctic Sea Ice for the Last 2 Millennia".
- Seminar, National Oceanography Centre, Southampton, U.K., 13 May 2008. Oral presentation: "A Novel Chemical Fossil of Palaeo Sea Ice: IP25: Background and Applications".
- 23rd International Meeting on Organic Geochemistry, Torquay, U.K., 9-14 September 2007. Oral presentation: "Novel Highly Branched Isoprenoid Biomarkers as Indicators of Sea-Ice Diatoms: Implications for Histroical Sea-Ice Records and Future Predictions".
- UHI Postgraduate Research Conference. UHI Millennium Institute, Inverness, U.K., April 2006. Oral presentation.
- EGU General Assembly, Vienna, Austria, April 2006. Oral presentation.
- Oban Challenger Conference for Marine Science, Oban, U.K., September 2006. Oral presentation.
- Liverpool Challenger Conference for Marine Science, Liverpool, U.K. September 2005. Poster presentation.
- UHI Postgraduate Research Conference. UHI Millennium Institute, Inverness, U.K., October 2004. Oral presentation.