Dr Wiebke Schmidt
I have completed my post-doctoral research in PEGG.
My refereed publications are listed below (reverse chronological) and my 'My Citations' page from Google Scholar provides additional bibliographic metrics:
- Schmidt, W., Power, E., Quinn, B. (2013) Seasonal variations in biomarker responses in the marine blue mussel (Mytilus spp.). Marine Pollution Bulletin. (Accepted). [doi: 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2013.07.033].
- Schmidt, W., Rainville, L.-C., McEneff, G., Sheehan, D. and Quinn, B. (2013) A proteomic evaluation of the effects of the pharmaceuticals diclofenac and gemfibrozil on marine mussels (Mytilus spp.). Evidence for chronic sublethal effects on stress-response proteins. Drug Testing and Analysis. (In press). [doi: 10.1002/dta.1463].
- Schmidt, W., O'Shea, T. and Quinn, B. (2012) The effect of shore location on biomarker expression in wild Mytilus spp. and its comparison with long line cultivated mussels. Marine Environmental Research 80, 70-76. [doi: 10.1016/j.marenvres.2012.07.002].
- Schmidt, W., O'Rourke, K., Hernan, R. and Quinn, B. (2011) Effect of the pharmaceuticals gemfibrozil and diclofenac on the marine mussel (Mytilus spp.) and their comparison with standardised toxicity tests. Marine Pollution Bulletin 62, 1389-1395. [doi: 10.1016/j.marpolbul.2011.04.043].
- Quinn, B., Schmidt, W., O'Rourke, K., Hernan, R. (2011) Effects of the pharmaceuticals gemfibrozil and diclofenac on biomarker expression in the zebra mussel (Dreissena polymopha) and their comparison with standardised toxicity tests. Chemosphere 84, 657-663. [doi: 10.1016/j.chemosphere.2011.03.033].
- 17th Pollutant Responses in Marine Organisms (PRIMO), Faro, Portugal, 5-8th May 2013. Oral presentation: "A Proteomic Evaluation of the Effects of the Pharmaceuticals Diclofenac and Gemfibrozil on Marine Mussels (Mytilus spp.)".
- SETAC Europe 23rd Annual Meeting, Glasgow, U.K., 12-16 May, 2013. Poster presentation: "Exposure of Caged Mussels to the Effluent of Wastewater Treatment Plants in Ireland".